TYPES OF COOKIES USED
This website uses both temporary session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only store data while the user is on the website, while permanent cookies store data on the user’s device to be accessed and used for more than one session.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained from the cookies are processed, the website may use:
These are cookies that allow users to browse through websites or applications and use the various options or services that are available there. For example, they may include controlling traffic and communicating data, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas of the website, remembering the items in an order, sending a registration or event participation request, using security features during browsing and storing content to broadcast videos or sound.
These allow users to access the service with some general features pre-defined on their device or by the user. They include the language, type of browser through which the service is being accessed, preferred content design, geolocation of the device and regional settings where the service is being accessed from.
These allow for efficient management of the advertising spaces included on the website or application from which the service is being provided. They allow the advertisements’ content to be adapted according to their relevance to users and prevent the display of advertisements users have already seen.
Statistical analysis cookies
These allow users’ behaviour on websites to be monitored and analysed. The information collected through this type of cookie is used for measuring activity on websites, applications or platforms and for creating browsing profiles of their users in order to improve the service according to data on how users use it.
Some websites may install third-party cookies, which help to manage and improve the services offered. These may include Google Analytics statistical services.
HOW COOKIES ARE MANAGED ON YOUR BROWSER
You have the option to enable, block or delete the cookies installed on your device by changing your browser settings.
To adjust cookies settings on the Google Chrome browser:
1. Click on the menu in the tool bar.
2. Choose ‘Settings’.
3. Click on ‘Show advanced options’.
4. Go to the ‘Privacy’ section and click the ‘Content settings’ button.
5. The options can be set in the ‘cookies’ section.
Further information on Google Chrome.
To adjust cookies settings on the Mozilla Firefox browser
1. Go to the upper part of the Firefox window and click on the ‘Tools’ menu.
2. Choose ‘Options’.
3. Choose the ‘Privacy’ panel.
4. Go to the Firefox option and choose ‘Use custom settings for history’ and set your options.
Further information on Mozilla Firefox
To adjust cookies settings on the Internet Explorer 9 browser:
1. Go to the upper part of the Explorer window and click on the ‘Tools’ menu.
2. Choose the ‘Security’ tab and use the option ‘Delete browsing history to delete cookies’. Activate the ‘cookies’ box and click ‘Delete’.
3. Choose the ‘Security’ tab and go to ‘Settings’. Slide the control completely up to block all the cookies or completely down to enable all cookies. Then, click ‘OK’.
Further information on Internet Explorer 9
Specific rules can be set up on some browsers to manage cookies according to each individual website to offer more precise control over privacy. This means that cookies can be disabled for all websites except where they are trusted.